I AM A -
Content Creator. Graphic Designer. Freelance Prop Stylist.
THE THINGS I BUILD MY LIFE AROUND
1. Social Good
2.Curiousity and Gratitude
3. Multi-disciplinary collaboration
4. Listening to and sharing personal stories
5. Cultivating community via content creation
WANNA WORK TOGETHER? LET'S TALK.
Email // Kashara@UndiscoveredWorth.com
In the past and on multiple occasions, I've been advised to decide the quality of life I want and to build a career around it. Did I take that advice? Nope, not immediately. It took moving to NYC for an internship at DoSomething.org, receiving a hundred rejection letters for full-time work, and shedding quite a few tears in a subway station before it all began to click. From there, I began writing a list of things I wanted to accomplish in life that weren't solely tied to money, getting real about my skills, and brainstorming ways to mesh all of those things into something that roughly resembles a career.
When not designing or freelancing as a prop stylist at the Meredith Corporation video studio [formerly Time Inc.], you can find me creating content on Undiscovered Worth. Undiscovered Worth is a multimedia platform rooted in the belief that all stories are connected through our shared human experiences. With a mission to expand the human capacity for empathy, the platform provides this opportunity through a number of personal interviews and in-person events.
Do I have it all figured out? Of course not, but I've chosen to do something that many are afraid to do. I've decided to relieve myself of the pressure to choose the more "traditional" path and instead follow my curiosity and pave my own way.
Online Features and Places I've spoken:
- americanism book [may 2018]
- B-Metro Magazine [may 2018]
- AMAfeed - Ask Me Anything [april 2018]
- Seriously Delicious Cookbook, Prop Styling [april 2018]
- Equity at the Table [april 2018]
- United Nations Association of Birmingham International Women's Day Celebration at UAB [april 2018]
- West Elm Birmingham International Women's Day Panel Discussion [march. 2018]
- Samford University "Race, Class, Gender, and the Media" Panel Discussion [november 2017]
- BuzzFeed [november 2016]